Monday, November 19, 2018

Metric Monday



If you are new, today is all about the numbers, not about my plans.   See the action plans I’m using to earn these numbers in previous posts.  Last Week’s 6 week Review!  and 8 Steps I’m Taking on Twitter.   

Twitter Analytics
I’ve been active on Twitter for 93 days. In the last 28 days I’ve had 237 posts, 428 profile visits, 104 mentions, and 94 new follows.  


Conversion based on profile views is 22%. It’s interesting because I’m posting less 237 posts is down 31.7% from my summary the last 28 days and the tweet impression as 54.7k is down 10.1%.  A reduction of tweets naturally equals a reduction of views and new followers.  Here, the numbers are not proportionate.  My views remain higher than expected and my conversation is better.  Maybe I’m finding my niche?

  
My engagement is 2.4%. I’m trying to turn more towards active engagement, but it’s hard to come up with a reply and it is always 50-50 whether someone will respond with something else you can reply to.

I
 post about 8 times a day.  Clear success for me in spending less time on Twitter.



I broke 5,000 views randomly last Monday.  As I’ve continued counting daily views and tweet views, I wonder what the value of these metrics are.  Here, I gained a lot of followers, and it will be weeks before I know if I retain these folks.  My normal view count is about 2,000 views.

Blog Stats

I got 52 views last week spread across 11 posts.  I updated my list of links to my posts across both blogs organized by topic. I’ve also spent a lot of time working on my recommended writing bloggers.  I wrote five posts and scheduled them for across the blog world.  Excited for December content.

The North Alabama Writers’ Group blog has 20 views this past week.  Important for fellow writers: November Call for Submissions is out on the NAWG blog.  If you ever wonder where I get all those calls for submissions check out my page here Bloggers and Groups I Follow for Submissions.  For book reviewers I‘ve added “7 Steps I Take Before Writing a Bad Review



So talk to me!  What are your numbers?  What’s your social media strategy?  Are you counting anything else in your life and what does success look like?


Still need a number fix?  Compare this week to last week Nov 12th or go further back to reports on: Nov 5thOct 22nd, Oct 9thOct 1st Sept 24th, Sept17th, or Sept 10th.  

No comments:

Post a Comment