Monday, September 17, 2018

Metrics Monday




image by openclipart.org by GDJ



My week review posts are too long, so I'm breaking it up into straight numbers and progress updates/plan adjustments.  Today is straight plans.   See the action plans I'm using to earn these numbers in previous posts.  Last Week's Tuesday Tell All!  and 8 Steps I'm Taking on Twitter.   I owe you all a blogging strategy, a creative writing strategy, and a book review plan.  Still working on that.


Twitter Analytics

I’ve been active on Twitter for 31 days.  Twitter Analytics gives the last 28 days for review.  From here on out, I’ll be comparing my current stats from stats where I was active on the platform.  I have 367 “lifetime” Tweets but my summary is on the last 339 for example.  Over the last 28 days I’ve had 339 posts, 714 profile visits, 78 mentions, and 133 new follows.

Conversion based on profile views continues to drop.  18% of people who check out my profile follow me.  I’m uncertain as I grow how reliable a metric this is in determining success.  There are individuals I follow whose profile I check out on the regular, and, I can’t follow them a second time.  Is this why people are checking out my profile, to specifically seem my Tweets?  Or do people take a peak at the whole of my Tweets and think "no, not for me"?  Do I want people who don't like my content?

  I think the bigger question will be the engagement.  What good are any number of eyeballs if they don’t respond to the content?  

My engagement is 3.3%.  It’s only improved .5%, but as long as I don’t lose ground, I’m taking the number as a win.

I post about 12 times a day.  I plan five posts and the others of responses or impromptu promotions.  Planning posts is a bit of a slog.  Too many pictures and not enough actual content.  There’s a balancing issue I have to address.  

My top Tweet has 1,195 views and engagement of 2.6%. Took a month, but I broke 3 digit views and have respectable interactions.  It’s a Tweet from @wrtirstat on how the first line of a project is filled with the potential to be anything.  I retweeted with a point about how outlines inform my decision when writing some the possibilities aren’t limitless and a general question to writers on their process.  Using a graphic, plus a fun quote, a disagreeing opinion, a question, and conversation hashtags boosted this one tweet.  BUT not all Tweets can hold all these elements all the time.  

Blog Stats

This blog continues to put in work.  I got 30 views last week spread across 6 posts.  It’s not brag worthy, but this is a personal blog with more impressions, personal plans, and results.  I don’t expect it to be a traffic generator.  There’s value and casual interest in how a fellow blogger/aspiring writer is doing, but I don’t think there’s much interest when I don’t have name recognition.

The North Alabama Writers’ Group blog has 13 views this past week.  That’s better than last week.  My writers’ group at least looked at the blog posts.  Lionel always leaves a comment on one post up there.  

The spam comments persist BUT they are way less than before.   

So talk to me!  What are your numbers?  What’s your social media strategy?  Are you counting anything else in your life and what does success look like?

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work, Jessica. I know you're making an impact because I see you all in my Twitter feed every day, multiple times a day. So you're definitely getting more exposure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lionel. You've got to start somewhere right?

      Delete