Monday, December 3, 2018

Monday Metrics

image from openclipart.org by GDJ


If you are new, today is all about the numbers, not about my plans.   See the action plans I’m using to earn these numbers in previous posts.  Last Week’s 6 week Review!  and 8 Steps I’m Taking on Twitter.   Full disclosure: to make certain these posts happen while I'm busy with work, I had to post plan them.  The numbers where pulled 24hrs ahead of this post date.  

Twitter Analytics
I’ve been active on Twitter for 105 days. In the last 28 days I’ve had 233 posts, 464 profile visits, 101 mentions, and 78 new follows.  


Conversion based on profile views is 16%. The past month was NANO.  For me, it seems it had a negative impact on conversion.  Could be because all my fellow writers were writing or it could be because I didn’t NANO this year.

  
My engagement is 2.3%. On my daily goals is the “interact with 3 people on Twitter” but it depends on what‘s going on that day.  Plus, I can add a comment to a conversation and not be acknowledged in the flood of feedback some posts get.

I
 post about 8 times a day.  My goal is to sit between 6-10 posts a day, so success!



My daily view count has lowered to just under 2,000 views a day.  Fewer posts = fewer eyes, but the proportions are better per post.  This past 28 days I got 216 eyes a post.  On Oct 22nd I had 330 posts with 52,400 views or only 158 eyes a view.  Less time but an increase in views per post.

Blog Stats

I got 55 views last week spread across 10 posts and 2 pages.  I updated my list of links to my posts across both blogs organized by topic. I’ve also spent a lot of time working on my recommended writing bloggers.  Some of my December plans begin this week with the launch of my “Be Bold Blogging” series where I talk about the pros and cons of sharing site metrics and how a person achieves these.  I also brought out an introspective piece on all the blog niches I’ve explored.

The North Alabama Writers’ Group blog has 6 views this past week.  It’s a shame I didn’t get to a Monday Metric last week because the blog had 11 views then. Of Note: because work ran away with me these past 10 days, there were no promotions for the blog and I think it sunk my traffic.


 Important for fellow writers: December Round Up of Calls for Submission is out on the NAWG blog.  If you ever wonder where I get all those calls for submissions check out my page here Bloggers and Groups I Follow for Submissions.  Also check out my list of Ongoing Submissions organized by genre and length requirements.  

 I’m experimenting with adding critical content to both blogs check out my first step in “6 Reasons I Stopped Reading Daily Science Fiction."  I’m told “spilling the tea” brings the views, but so far that‘s not what I’m experiencing.  Then again, I don‘t want a ton of draining drama, I want to discuss things that work or do not work in our writing community openly.  Daily Science Fiction doesn‘t work for me.

So talk to me!  What are your numbers?  What’s your social media strategy?  Are you counting anything else in your life and what does success look like?


Still need a number fix?  Compare this week to older updates on Nov 19thNov 12thNov 5thOct 22nd, Oct 9thOct 1st Sept 24th, Sept17th, or Sept 10th.  

No comments:

Post a Comment