Monday, September 10, 2018

The Merry Writer: Bath Time!

image from by qubodup

The Merry Writer has a fun daily question for writers I wanted to try getting in on.  Check out Ari Meghlen's blog and Twitter along with the Hashtags #themerrywriter where you can see everyone's responses.

What do you do to relax/decompress after a bad day?

There's a toooon of ways I decompress.  My favorite is a long hot bubble bath filled with bath bombs, bath melts and yummy essential oils.   Once I'm out is lotion bar time and then a nap where my skin absorbs all the hydrating cocoa butter, shea butter, and coconut butter that's sitting on my skin.

Assuming I don't have hours of time to relax, I like reading, writing, playing video games, cuddling with my dog, talking with my husband, or doing a five minute mindfulness routines.  I have a couple of mantras I use that include "Relax, nothing is under control." "Just for today, I will not worry."   If all else fails, I start thinking about all the stuff that's great in my life.  Humble brag, but most of my life is awesome, so why should I let the 15% of it that's happening in this moment run the other 85%?

No comments:

Post a Comment